THE LEGENDARY BELGIAN LEATHER
IT'S OWL GOOD.
You might have heard about our whopping waffles, bodacious beers, and chic chocolates...
But do you know of Belgian leather?
Artisanal leather is one of our many specialities.
Ours is vegetable-tanned in a 150 years-old tannery, here in Belgium.
The vintage Belgian leather is our signature material. Our legendary Harry Potter satchels are cut from this rare leather.
Discover what makes it so unique...
THE WORLD'S MOST NATURAL LEATHER.
If there was a list of "endangered leathers", the vintage Belgian leather would be at the top of the list. Here's why:
- The hide is sourced from Europe where cows thrive in grassland where numerous insecticides and chemicals are banned.
- The hide is entirely tanned with vegetal extracts. Only 15 to 20% of the leather worldwide is still tanned this way. The rest relies on chrome-tanning (faster, cheaper, and often an environmental disaster).
- The hide is coloured and waterproofed with the help of natural extracts and oils exclusively. No dyes. No artificial sealant.
PREPARE FOR A DISTINCTIVE EXPERIENCE.
The way we cut, tan and finish the Belgian leather, grants it extra-ordinary qualities.
- The hide is 2,7mm thick on average.
- It's ultra smooth and more reactive than any other type.
- It has a pure, earthy smell, easy on the nose.
Look at the video to see how lively and reactive this leather is. A light nail scratch can be rubbed away thanks to the oils circulating in the fibers.
THE MORE YOU USE IT. THE BETTER IT LOOKS.
Our Belgian leather develops an incredible natural patina.
This results from the repeated interaction between the leather and yourself.
The more you touch the vintage Belgian leather, the more it becomes... you.
Your unique lifestyle will transform, and renew it completely:
Your hands. The floor in your office. Your region's climate.
Your career. The way you carry it. Your pets...
It will all play a part. Day after day.
ALL OR NOTHING.
There are 2 things that you should know before choosing the vintage Belgian leather.
- These days, most leathers are finished with an artificial waterproof coating. This layer prevents water from penetrating the fibers. Our vintage leather is different. Humidity is regulated by the oils living in the fibers.
As a result, the leather will darken under the rain.
Once you're out of the rain, empty it and give it some time to dry. The oils will repel the humidity. Rather than blocking water, this leather interacts with it, and all the elements, hence the charismatic patina it develops over time.
- When new, it can stain light-coloured clothes, especially if you carry it on the shoulder.
If that happens, this means the oils haven't completely settled in the fibers yet. With time, any excess of oil will dissipate while greases from the environment will seal the leather.
It's also worth noting that if necessary, a specialist should always be able to clean your garment, since we don't use any dye.
Have our beers, chocolate, and waffles. But also, wear our leather. It's epic too.
Being a true artisanal leather, the more you use it, the better it looks.
Our leather is environmental-friendly and safe if you're allergic to chromes.
Our oiled leather regulates humidity naturally. No artificial coating here.
Thick, earthy-scented, ultra smooth and lively.
BEWARE WET OIL
The leather can stain light-coloured garment at the beginning.
Best-selling leather goods cut from our vintage Belgian leather.
- SECURE SHOPPING -
We use industry standard encryption and a firewall to keep your personal information secure when placing an order.
- FREE DHL SHIPPING -
All USA orders ship with DHL international for free. Your orders are dispatched from Belgium, and usually delivered under a week.
- WORKSHOP SUPPORT -
We cover each item against failure for 2 years. After that, our workshop commits to help maintaining your goods for a lifetime.